Monday, June 29, 2009

What's a trip to the hospital cost these days...?

We got our statement of benefits today in the mail, and I'm always curious to add up the costs to see what certain hospital visits cost. Colleen's recent trip in to deliver Lydia cost right about $13,000. It's no wonder insurance costs so much with charges like that. That was for roughly a 36 hour stay. Fortunately our insurance covers most of those costs. We have what amounts to a $1000 deductible, so we figure that's not too bad for our little girl.









3 comments:

  1. Worth every penny! She is such a cutie! Kids look like they enjoy the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Lydia in the bath reminds me a little of Titus. :) And I love the giraffe. Did you find that at your trip to the zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giraffe came from Target actually. I've always thought giraffes were pretty cool, so I figured we'd try that with her. Well, that was after we couldn't find any large penguins. Go figure the hockey team wins the championship and you can't find any big stuffed penguins. I figured they would be everywhere.

    Yes, our kids definitely look a like in their younger years, at least I think so.

    ReplyDelete