Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More baby news

Colleen had another dr. appt this morning and she was found to be 2-3 cm dilated, so that is encouraging (after being virtually no cm dilated on Friday). The Dr. also said he has scheduled an induction for next Tuesday, which would be a week overdue (sorry, the dates keep changing, but I'm fairly confident this one will stick). He did feel like at this point, there is a good chance she will "go" before then, though, so he thought the chances were that she wouldn't need to be induced.

He also wanted Colleen to get another ultrasound (this will be #4) and a non-stress test, which he said were normal when babies were overdue, just to make sure the baby has enough fluids and such. So those are in the process of being scheduled, but at least we feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

3 comments:

  1. Chris, thank you so much for keeping your site up to date with the news of the new baby to come. I have been checking this everyday just so you know so I really appreciate your effort. I was just saying a prayer for Colleen and the new baby as I thought she would have it today. I will just keep checking this out for the news!! I am praying for you all and I hope all goes well when the time comes. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole. We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris and Colleen, Guess we didn't realize the time was SO near. Will pray the new ones comes before the doctor intervenes!! Keep ya in our prayers that all goes well however the new "Mathews" arrives!! Love ya, Bill and Beth

    ReplyDelete