Thursday, March 26, 2009

Broken bones...

Well, I joined the hallowed club of broken bones over the weekend. I was playing basketball at a men's retreat and slipped on the court, landing on my hand and in the process breaking my wrist. I would say more, but typing is a bit of a struggle now! The docs say that hopefully the bone will heal on its own and be good in 8 weeks, but the bone (the scaphoid) doesn't always heal well so I potentially could need surgery. I'll know for sure in 4 weeks.

Oh, and my wife is due in less than 10 weeks! So we're hoping for the "quick" healing route.

3 comments:

  1. We're hoping for the quick healing route too. But like I told Colleen, as long as you have 1 free hand (ie. your LEFT), then she can squeeze that and mom will take care of everything and everyone else, should the baby decide to come early. :) Glad it is casted and on it's way to healing. Hugs to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually have a blog now? Thanks for telling us! Adding you to google reader..

    Sorry to hear about your wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, so sorry to hear about your broken bone. Bill says,"You must be getting old if you can't stand up on the court!!" A Kansas loss and now a broken bone!! Remember bad things come in threes!!!

    LOVE YA!!
    Bill and Beth

    ReplyDelete