Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Adventures of Goldilocks & the Scissors

Yesterday afternoon, I found a lock of hair in the hallway.

A curly, blonde lock of hair approximately 3-4 inches long.

Apparently, Katelyn was so disappointed that I didn't trim her hair Saturday when we cut Titus', that she decided to give it a turn herself. It's not nearly as bad as it could've been, but she cut off a good 3-4 inches in length from a small section in the back of her head. My first instinct was to burst out laughing, but then I wanted to cry...and then a little bit of frustration & anger kicked in. But, I kept my cool & combed out her hair explaining why this was a very bad idea (panicking at the amount of little hairs that seemed to fall from every stroke). It really isn't too bad, the right side is a little thinner in the back, but if you didn't know about it, you probably wouldn't even notice. This is something I definitely would expect from Titus in the future, but not my Katelyn! :)

Ah well, life goes on, and hair will grow. I finished my white chocolate raspberry mocha much too soon. I need a refill. And make it a double.

2 comments:

  1. And how is it today? Still as much as you thought or not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my experience, it's always the girls who cut their own hair. maybe boys just don't care enough about their hair to attempt their own style. =) i'm sorry though - hair tragedies are never fun. at least you didn't have to cut it all off to fix her mistake!

    ReplyDelete